Set up network filtering
Secure Web Gateway allows you to apply policies at the network level (Layers 3 and 4) to control which websites and non-HTTP applications users can access.
1. Connect to Gateway
To filter network traffic from a device such as a laptop or phone:
- on your device.
- In the WARP client Settings, log in to your organization’s .
- (Optional) If you want to display a , on your device .
- for TCP. Optionally, you can enable the UDP proxy to inspect all port 443 UDP traffic.
Connect private networks
2. Verify device connectivity
- In , go to Settings > Network.
- Under Gateway logging, enable activity logging for all Network logs.
- On your WARP-enabled device, open a browser and visit any website.
- Determine the Source IP for your device:
- Open the WARP client settings.
- Go to Preferences > General.
- Note the Public IP.
- In Zero Trust, go to Logs > Gateway > Network. Before building Network policies, make sure you see Network logs from the Source IP assigned to your device.