Device posture with CrowdStrike requires the CrowdStrike agent and the Cloudflare WARP client to be deployed on your devices. For this integration to function, our service-to-service posture check relies on the serial_number being the same in both clients. Follow the instructions below to set up the integration.
Set up CrowdStrike as a service provider
1. Get CrowdStrike settings
The following CrowdStrike values are needed to set up the CrowdStrike posture check:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Base URL
- Customer ID
To retrieve those values:
Log in to your Falcon Dashboard.
Go to Support and resources > API Clients and Keys.
Select Add new API client and enter any name for the client.
Enable the Read API Scope for Zero Trust Assessment, Hosts, Detections, Event Streams, and User Management.
Copy the Client ID, Client Secret, and Base URL to a safe place.
Go to Host setup and management > Sensor downloads and copy your Customer ID.
Get an auth token from your CrowdStrike API endpoint:curl -X POST "<BASE_URL>/oauth2/token" \-H "accept: application/json" \-H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" \-d "client_id=<CLIENT_ID>&client_secret=<CLIENT_SECRET>"
2. Add CrowdStrike as a service provider
- In the , go to Settings > WARP Client.
- Scroll down to Device posture providers and select Add new.
- Select CrowdStrike.
- Enter any name for the provider. This name will be used throughout the dashboard to reference this connection.
- Enter the Client ID and Client secret you noted down above.
- Enter your Rest API URL.
- Enter your Customer ID.
- Choose a polling frequency for how often Cloudflare Zero Trust should query CrowdStrike for information.
- Select Save.
To ensure the values have been entered correctly, select Test.
3. Configure the posture check
- In the , go to Settings > WARP Client > Service provider checks.
- Select Add new.
- Select the CrowdStrike provider.
- Configure a and enter any name.
- Select Save.
Crowdstrike device posture attributes
|OS||OS signal score|
|Overall||Overall ZTA score|
|Sensor config||Sensor signal score|
|Version||ZTA score version|