Set up HTTP filtering
Secure Web Gateway allows you to inspect HTTP traffic and control which websites users can visit.
1. Connect to Gateway
To filter HTTP requests from a device:
- on your device .
- on your device.
- In the WARP client Settings, log in to your organization’s .
- Enable the Gateway proxy:
2. Verify device connectivity
- In the , navigate to Settings > Network.
- Under Gateway logging, enable activity logging for all HTTP logs.
- On your WARP-enabled device, open a browser and visit any website.
- In the Zero Trust dashboard, navigate to Logs > Gateway > HTTP. Before building HTTP policies, make sure you see HTTP queries from the email associated with your device.
3. Add recommended policies
To create a new HTTP policy, navigate to Gateway > Policies > HTTP in the Zero Trust dashboard. We recommend adding the following policies:
Bypass inspection for incompatible applications
Bypass HTTP inspection for applications which use embedded certificates. This will help avoid any certificate pinning errors that may arise from an initial rollout.
|Application||in||Do Not Inspect||Do Not Inspect|
Block all security risks
Block known threats such as Command & Control, Botnet and Malware based on Cloudflare’s threat intelligence.