Set up DNS filtering
Secure Web Gateway allows you to inspect DNS traffic and control which websites users can visit.
1. Connect to Gateway
To filter DNS requests from an individual device such as a laptop or phone:
- on your device.
- In the WARP client Settings, log in to your organization’s .
- (Optional) If you want to display a , on your device .
Connect DNS locations
To filter DNS requests from a location such as an office or data center:
- to your Zero Trust dashboard.
- On your router, browser, or OS, forward DNS queries to the address shown in the location setup UI.
2. Verify device connectivity
- In the , navigate to Settings > Network.
- Under Gateway logging, enable activity logging for all DNS logs.
- On your WARP-enabled device, open a browser and visit any website.
- In the Zero Trust dashboard, navigate to Logs > Gateway > DNS. Before building DNS policies, make sure you see DNS queries from the email associated with your device.
3. Add recommended policies
To create a new DNS policy, navigate to Gateway > Policies > DNS in the Zero Trust dashboard. We recommend adding the following policy:
Block all security categories