DLP logs allow you to monitor the movement of sensitive data through your network. When an HTTP request matches a DLP policy, the request will appear in the Gateway activity log.
Logs are enabled by default for both allowed and blocked requests. To change your logging preferences, go to Settings > Network > Activity logging.
View DLP logs
- In Zero Trust, go to Logs > Gateway > HTTP.
- Select Filter.
- Choose an item under one of the following filters:
- DLP Profiles shows the requests which matched a specific DLP profile.
- Policy shows the requests which matched a specific DLP policy.
You can expand an individual row to view details about the request. To see the data that triggered the DLP policy, configure payload logging.
Report false positives
- Select the log you want to report.
- Select Report DLP false positive under DLP details.
- The information to be sent to Cloudflare will appear. To confirm your report, select Send report.
Cloudflare will not respond directly to your report, but reporting false positives helps us improve our products. If you require technical assistance, reach out to support.