Transform Rules allow you to adjust the URI path, query string, and HTTP headers of requests and responses at the edge.
There are several types of Transform Rules:
- : Perform common adjustments to HTTP request and response headers with the click of a button.
- : Rewrite the URL path and query string of an HTTP request.
- : Set the value of an HTTP request header or remove a request header.
- : Set the value of an HTTP response header or remove a response header.
To configure Transform Rules in the dashboard, use the Transform Rules tab in Rules.
Transform Rules evaluation
Managed Transforms run before other types of Transform Rules that modify HTTP headers:
- Managed Transforms that adjust HTTP request headers run before HTTP Request Header Modification Rules.
- Managed Transforms that adjust HTTP response headers run before HTTP Response Header Modification Rules.
Transform Rules run in order. Rules that appear later in the list of Transform Rules can overwrite changes done by previous rules. You can define the rule order in the dashboard or via API.
Cloudflare Transform Rules are available to all customers. Support for regular expressions depends on your Cloudflare plan.
This table outlines the Transform Rules features available with each customer plan:
|Active Transform Rules||10||25||50||100|
|Regular expression support||No||No||Yes||Yes|
You can create different kinds of Transform Rules in the dashboard or via Cloudflare API. Refer to the following sections for detailed instructions: