Set up email records
Add MX records
An A or AAAA record for your mail subdomain that points to the IP address of your mail server.
Type Name IPv4 address Proxy status A
An MX record that points to that subdomain.
Type Name Mail server TTL MX
Prevent domain spoofing
There are several DNS mechanisms to prevent others from sending emails on behalf of your domain. These all work as TXT records that need to be added on your domain:
- : List authorized IP addresses and domains that can send email on behalf of your domain.
- : Ensure email authenticity by cryptographically signing emails.
- : Receive aggregate reports about your email traffic and provide clear instructions for how email receivers should treat non-conforming emails.
Configure email security records
To set up email security records:
- Log in to the and select your domain.
- Go to DNS.
- For Email Security, click Configure.
- If your domain sends email, use the available options to set up SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records.
- If your domain does not send email, use the Your domain is not used to send email section to set up restrictive email records.