Create a new Access Control List
You need to create an Access Control List (ACL) in certain situations:
- If Cloudflare is your primary DNS provider, create an ACL to specify additional IPs Cloudflare should accept zone transfer requests from.
- If Cloudflare is your secondary DNS provider, create an ACL to specify additional NOTIFY IPs that Cloudflare should listen to.
An ACL is configured at the account level, which means that it will apply to every primary and secondary zone in your account.
Using the dashboard
To create a new ACL using the dashboard:
- Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard and select an account.
- Go to Manage Account > Configurations.
- Go to DNS Zone Transfers.
- For ACL, click Create.
- Enter the following information:
- ACL name: Provide a descriptive name.
- IP range: Enter a range of IPv4 or IPv6 addresses (limited to a maximum of /24 for IPv4 and /64 for IPv6).
- Click Create.
Using the API
To create a new ACL using the API, send a POST request.