Issues sharing to Facebook
Cloudflare does not block or challenge requests from Facebook by default. However, a post of a website to Facebook returns an Attention Required error in the following situations:
- You have globally set the to I’m Under Attack.
- There is a or setting the security level to I’m Under Attack.
- There is a with a challenge or block action that includes a Facebook IP address.
A country challenge can block a Facebook IP address. Facebook is known to crawl from both the US and Ireland.
To resolve issues sharing to Facebook, do one of the following:
- Remove the corresponding IP, ASN, or country custom rule that challenges or blocks Facebook IPs.
- Create a for ASNs
AS63293(use the Skip action and configure the rule to skip Security Level).
- Review existing configuration rules and page rules and make sure they are not affecting requests from Facebook IPs.