Off - SSL/TLS encryption modes
Setting your encryption mode to Off (not recommended) redirects any HTTPS request to plaintext HTTP.
Cloudflare does not recommend setting your encryption mode to Off.
To change your encryption mode in the dashboard:
- Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard and select your account and domain.
- Go to SSL/TLS.
- Choose an encryption mode.
To adjust your encryption mode with the API, send a
PATCH request with the
value parameter set to your desired setting (
When you set your encryption mode to Off, your application:
- Leaves your visitors and your application vulnerable to attacks.
- Will be marked as “not secure” by Chrome and other browsers, reducing visitor trust.
- Will be penalized in SEO rankings.
When you set your SSL/TLS encryption mode to Off, you will not see the options for Always Use HTTPS or Onion Routing.
Authenticated Origin Pull does not work when your SSL/TLS encryption mode is set to Off or Flexible.