However — so long as you also have configured — you can set up Message retraction to take post-delivery actions against suspicious messages. These retractions happen through API integrations with Microsoft 365 and Google Workspaces (Gmail).
You can also set up auto-retraction to automatically move messages matching certain dispositions to specific folders you within a user’s mailbox.
To set up automatic retraction:
Go to Settings (the gear icon).
On Email Configuration, go to Retract Settings > Auto-Retract.
For each disposition, choose which folder the message should be sent to:
- No Action: Do not move the message.
- Junk Email: Sends the message to the junk or spam email folder.
- Trash: Sends the message to the trash or deleted items email folder.
- Soft Delete — user recoverable (Microsoft only): Sends the message to the user’s Deleted Items folder. Messages can be recovered by the user.
- Hard Delete — admin recoverable (Microsoft and Google): Completely deletes messages from a user’s inbox. For Office 365, the message will be deleted and cannot be recovered without using the . For Google Gmail messages cannot be recovered, even by the admin.
Select Update Auto-retract Settings.
For more details, refer to: