Parent accounts are treated as containers with no services provisioned. User accounts created at the parent level will allow them to access any child account.
Parent users can have one of the following roles:
- Viewer: Can enter child accounts but is prevented from making any settings changes, regardless of the customer account settings.
- SOC Analyst: Can enter child accounts and make changes on behalf of the customer.
Child accounts control settings and services associated with an Area 1 instance.
Users created at child level will only have access to the assigned child account. These users can have one of the following roles:
- Super Admin: Has full access to the account and can make any configuration changes. Can access Settings (the gear icon).
- Configuration Admin: Can make configuration changes and manage users, except for Super Admin. Has no ability to review messages.
- SOC Analyst: Can search, review and retract messages. Has no admin capabilites or access to Settings (the gear icon).
- Viewer: Only has access to metrics withing the system. No access to Settings (the gear icon).
|Account area||Super Admin||Configuration Admin||SOC Analyst||Viewer|
|Detection Search Actions||✅||✅||✅||❌|
|Announcements and Support||✅||✅||✅||✅|