You can generate an API token to serve as the Access Key for usage with existing S3-compatible SDKs or XML APIs.
You must purchase R2 before you can generate an API token.
To create an API token:
- In Account Home, select R2.
- Under Account details, select Manage R2 API tokens.
- Select .
- Select the R2 Token text to edit your API token name.
- Under Permissions, choose a permission types for your token. Refer to for information about each option.
- (Optional) If you select the Object Read and Write or Object Read permissions, you can scope your token to a set of buckets.
- Select Create API Token.
After your token has been successfully created, review your Secret Access Key and Access Key ID values. These may often be referred to as Client Secret and Client ID, respectively.
You will also need to configure the
endpoint in your S3 client to
Buckets created with jurisdictions must be accessed via jurisdiction-specific
- European Union (EU):
|Admin Read and Write||Allows the ability to create, list and delete buckets, and edit bucket configurations in addition to list, write, and read object access.|
|Admin Read only||Allows the ability to list buckets and view bucket configuration in addition to list and read object access.|
|Object Read & Write||Allows the ability to read, write, and list objects in specific buckets.|
|Object Read only||Allows the ability to read and list objects in specific buckets.|