Before viewing the Cloudflare dashboard in Datadog, note that this integration:
- Is available to all Cloudflare customer plans (Fee, Pro, Business and Enterprise)
- Is based on the
- Provides Cloudflare web traffic and DNS metrics only
- Does not feature data coming from request logs stored in Cloudflare Logs
Task 1 - Install the Cloudflare App
To install the Cloudflare App for Datadog:
Log in to Datadog.
Click the Integrations tab.
Click the Cloudflare tile to begin the installation.
Next, click Configuration and then complete the following:
Account name: (Optional) This can be any value. It has not impact on the site data pulled from Cloudflare.
Email: This value helps keep your account safe. We recommend creating a dedicated Cloudflare user for analytics with the (read-only). Note that the Analytics role is available to Enterprise customers only.
API Key: Enter your Cloudflare Global API key.
The Cloudflare App for Datadog should be installed now and you can view the dashaboard.
Task 2 - View the dashboard
By default, the dashboard displays metrics for all sites in your Cloudflare account. Use the dashboard filters see metrics for a specific domain.
The dashboard displays the following metrics:
- Threats (threats by type, threats by country)
- Requests (total requests, cached requests, uncached requests, top countries by request, requests by IP class, top content types)
- Bandwidth (total bandwidth, encrypted and unencrypted traffic cached bandwidth, uncached bandwidth)
- Caching (Cache hit rate, request caching rate over time)
- HTTP response status errors
- Page views
- Search Engine Bot Traffic
- DNS (DNS queries, response time, top hostnames, queries by type, stale vs. uncached queries)