Protect your origin server — Enterprise
Receiving too many requests can be bad for your origin. These requests might increase latency for visitors, incur higher costs — particularly for cloud-based machines — and could knock your application offline.
Select a plan to see how Cloudflare can help you protect your origin:
Secure origin connections
When you secure origin connections, it prevents attackers from discovering and overloading your origin server with requests.
- DNS: Set up and , which will also require that you at your origin.
- Cloudflare Tunnel: To encrypt all traffic and prevent any inbound connections to your origin, .
Monitor origin health
For passive monitoring, for Origin Error Rate Alerts to receive alerts when your origin returns 5xx codes above a configurable threshold and Passive Origin Monitoring to see when Cloudflare is unable to reach your origin for a few minutes.
Reduce origin traffic
Additionally, adjust various settings in your Firewall to restrict potentially malicious traffic:
- Get automatic protection from common threats with our
- Set up customized
- Block, challenge, or allow specific addresses with
- Create (usage-based billing) as a final defense against malicious traffic