Create a trigger
Triggers define the conditions under which a tool will start an action. Since a tool must have actions in order to work, and actions must have triggers, it is important to set up your website’s triggers correctly. A trigger can be made out of one or more Rules. Zaraz supports .
- Log in to the , and select your account and domain.
- Go to Zaraz > Tools Configuration > Triggers.
- Select Create trigger.
- In Trigger Name enter a descriptive name for your trigger.
- In Rule type, choose from the actions available in the drop-down menu to start building your rule. Refer to for more information on what each rule type means.
- In Variable name, input the variable you want as the trigger. For example, use Track Name if you are using in your website. If you want to use a variable you have previously , select the
+sign in the drop-down menu, scroll to Variables, and choose your variable.
- Use the Match operation drop-down list to choose a comparison operator. For an expression to match, the value in Variable name and Match string must satisfy the comparison operator.
- In Match string, input the string that completes the rule.
- You can add more than one rule to your trigger. Select Add rule and repeat steps 5-8 to add another set of rules and conditions. If you add more than one rule, your trigger will only be valid when all conditions are true.
- Select Save.