Verify device connectivity
1 min read
To validate that Cloudflare is receiving traffic from a user device:
- In , go to Settings > Network.
- Under Gateway logging, enable activity logging for all DNS logs.
- On your device, open a browser and visit any website.
- In Zero Trust, go to Logs > Gateway > DNS.
- Make sure you see DNS queries from your device.
Replacing a VPN with a Zero Trust Network Access solution usually happens in two phases: the first phase is establishing connectivity, and the second phase is defining building policies for distinct applications. We recommend verifying that all connectivity is working as expected before moving on to build complex security policies. This will reduce the amount of troubleshooting and challenges that arise from managing complex systems.