Cloudflare Waiting Room cookie
A waiting room only uses the
__cfwaitingroom cookie when a visitor requests access to a host and path combination with an enabled and associated waiting room. When the waiting room is suspended, traffic goes to the origin and the
__cfwaitingroom cookie is not created. The
__cfwaitingroom cookie is encrypted and cookies copied to another device will not work.
Cookie expiration time
- While a visitor stays in a waiting room, the
__cfwaitingroomcookie is set to expire in 24 hours.
- When the visitor accesses the application, the
__cfwaitingroomcookie expires after an interval (specified by ).
__cfwaitingroom cookie is used to:
- Track a user's position in the waiting room queue and serve them in the correct order.
- Monitor each visitor's duration in the application to provide an accurate entry time to visitors queueing in the waiting room.
- To allow re-entry for a period of time (specified by ) without going back in the waiting room.