Waiting Room cookie
__cfwaitingroom cookie is used only when a visitor requests access to a host and path combination that has an enabled associated Waiting Room. When the waiting room is suspended, traffic goes to the origin and the
__cfwaitingroom cookie is not created. The
__cfwaitingroom cookie is encrypted, and cookies copied to another device won't work.
Cookie expiration time
- While a visitor stays in a waiting room, the
__cfwaitingroomcookie is set to expire in 24 hours.
- When the visitor accesses the application, the
__cfwaitingroomcookie expires after an interval (
session_duration) configured in .
__cfwaitingroom cookie is used for the following functions:
- To keep track of a user's position in the waiting room queue, to serve the visitors in the correct order.
- To monitor the amount of time that visitors stay in the application, and track when they leave, so that an accurate entry time is available to visitors queueing in the waiting room.
- To provide known-user functionality: If a visitor leaves the application, the cookie allows re-entry within a specified amount of time (
session_duration) without going back in the waiting room. For example, if a visitor wishes to make a purchase at example.com, they queue in a waiting room before entering the online store app. However, if the visitor leaves the store app but forgets to add a note to the order or request a receipt, they can re-enter the application without re-entering the waiting room, if the cookie has not expired.