1 min read
Traffic steering policies decide how a load balancer routes traffic to attached and healthy pools.
- : Standard steering policies include Off - Failover and Random.
- : Geo steering directs traffic to pools tied to specific countries, regions, or — for Enterprise customers only — data centers.
- : Dynamic steering uses health monitor data to identify the fastest pool for a given Cloudflare Region or data center.
- : Proximity steering routes visitors or internal services to the closest physical data center.
- : Least Outstanding Requests steering allows you to route traffic to pools that currently have the fewest number of outstanding requests.