Transfer a .UK domain to Cloudflare
- The domain must not be locked or suspended.
- There must be an active zone for the domain in your Cloudflare account.
- The domain must have Cloudflare nameservers.
- The domain must not be expiring within the next 10 days.
How to transfer a .UK domain to Cloudflare
Cloudflare currently supports the transfer of
me.uk domains. To transfer a
.uk domain to Cloudflare from another registrar follow these steps:
- Log in go the Cloudflare dashboard and select your account.
- Select Domain Registration > Transfer Domains. Cloudflare will show you a list of domains that are eligible for transfer (see below for restrictions). If you do not see your domain, add the domain you want to transfer to your Cloudflare account before you try to transfer your
- Select the domains you wish to transfer.
- Proceed to checkout. Note that there is no fee to transfer a
.ukdomain and an additional year is NOT added during the transfer process.
- After checkout, request your current registrar to update the IPS tag to
CLOUDFLARE. If the transfer is not completed within 24 hours, ask your registrar again to update the IPS tag. The transfer will be automatically canceled if not completed within 30 days.
- Cloudflare will receive a notice once your registrar updates the IPS tag. After that, we will finish transferring your domain.
Possible reasons a transfer may fail or be rejected
- The domain is locked or suspended.
- The nameservers were updated after the checkout process.
As mentioned in Review DNS records in Cloudflare, when moving your domain to Cloudflare Registrar, you might need to configure your DNS records to correctly point traffic to your web host. Cloudflare automatically scans for common records and adds them to your account’s DNS page, but the scan is not guaranteed to find all existing DNS records.
Refer to your web host’s documentation to learn what type of records you need to configure and where they should point, to avoid downtime.
For example, Netlify asks customers that host websites with them to add a
CNAME record pointing
apex-loadbalancer.netlify.com, and another
CNAME record pointing
<YOUR-DOMAIN>.netlify.app, depending on which one is the primary domain.