You can follow the instructions below to transfer your domain from 1&1 to Cloudflare.
Before you begin
Before transferring a domain to Cloudflare:
- Ensure you have created and to Cloudflare.
- Disable DNSSEC by:
- If initiating multiple transfers, notify your financial institution to prevent them from flagging these charges as fraudulent.
- Renew your domain if it's within 15 days of expiration.
To transfer to a new registrar, your domain must meet the following requirements.
- ICANN rules prohibit a domain from being transferred if it has been transferred within the last 60 days or if the WHOIS contact information was modified in the last 60 days (even if redacted).
- Your account at your current registrar must be active. If your domain has expired, you may have to pay a redemption fee to renew it before you can process a transfer.
- Cloudflare does not currently support premium domains. Some registries designate a domain name as “premium” and charge higher wholesale rates for these domains.
If it is listed as available for transfer in the Cloudflare dashboard, these restrictions have already been checked.
Cloudflare Registrar does not currently support email forwarding. If you require email forwarding from your registrar, you will need to use a third-party forwarding service and configure your MX record in the Cloudflare DNS setting for the domain.
Step 1: Login to 1&1
Login to the 1&1 account where the domain is registered. Navigate to the Manage domains page and select the domain you plan to transfer.
Step 2: Unlock the domain
Select the Registration & Transfer tab. In the section “Domain transfer lock” toggle the button to remove the registrar lock.
Step 3: Request authorization code
Below the “Domain transfer lock” section will be a row listed as “Change provider”. Click “Show Authorization Code”. The 1&1 dashboard will launch a pop-up with the code.
Step 4: Transfer to Cloudflare
In the Cloudflare transfer screen, input the authorization code. Each domain will have a unique authorization code and you will need to enter each for every domain you want to transfer.
Step 5: Approve the transfer
Once Cloudflare processes your transfer, 1&1 will send an email to the domain’s registrant contact (the same address where the authorization code was emailed). The email will contain a link that you can click to immediately approve and process the transfer. If you do not click the link, the transfer will automatically approve within 5 days.