When your domain is registered with Cloudflare, you can review your domain status in the Overview pane.
- Log in to the , and select your account and domain.
- From Overview, scroll down to Domain Registration to review the current expiration date. Select Manage domain to review the Auto-Renew status for your domain.
Domain registrations will not appear in the Active Subscriptions section of the dashboard, as Registrar is not subscription based. To check information related to your domain billing:
- From your , select your account.
- Select Registrar.
- Find the domain you want to check and select Manage.
- Refer to Registration for information regarding your domain fees. From here, you can also opt to your domain registration.
Edit WHOIS records
Cloudflare redacts WHOIS information from your domain by default. However, we do store the authentic WHOIS record for your domain. You may edit the WHOIS contact data for any domain. To do that:
- Make sure you are and have selected your account and domain.
- From Overview, scroll down to Manage domain.
- Select the domain you want to edit and select Manage > Contacts.
- Select Edit in any of the contacts you previously set up. This allows you to update the contact information for the selected domain only. It will not update the contact information for other domains within the account.
Edit Default Contact information
The first time you transfer or register a new domain, a Default Contact is created. That contact information may be used for future transfers and registrations. The contact data may be updated at any time in the dashboard. Updating the Default Contact data will not update the contact information for any domains in the account. This Default Contact data is only used to prepopulate contact information for new registrations and transfers.
To edit the Default Contact information: