To bring your own IPs, you must go through the onboarding process. Work with your account team to understand everything you need to ensure a smooth transition.
Cloudflare requires a service-specific configuration for your prefixes, as well as some requirements common to all BYOIP customers regardless of service type. These requirements are common to all products compatible with BYOIP, such as , , and .
There are two major prerequisites before Cloudflare can begin onboarding your IP space.
- You must verify your records are up to date with the correct prefix or ASN information.
- Cloudflare must receive a to announce your prefixes, which we will share with our transit partners as evidence that we are allowed to announce the route.
Optionally, if you use the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) protocol to sign your routes, Cloudflare can help with this as well. Contact your account team know if you are interested in using RPKI.
If you are unable to bring your own IP to Cloudflare, you can use an IP address issued by Cloudflare.
Using a Cloudflare IP may be a good option if you:
- Have one or a few IPs allocated from home or business class ISPs.
- Are an online streamer who could be the target of a DoS attack if your IP is leaked.
- Are a business owner with a small number of locations with broadband Internet connections.
- Do not own an IP space with a /24 prefix length.
- Maintain a large number of locations with a combination of connectivity methods.
- Own an IP space with a /24 prefix length but do not advertise prefixes from every location.
To protect your network using a Cloudflare IP address, contact your account manager.