macOS desktop client
- Download Cloudflare WARP for macOS from Microsoft App Center or 188.8.131.52.
- Go to your predefined download folder and open the
- Follow the instructions to complete installation. Cloudflare WARP will automatically launch and appear in your menu bar with the Cloudflare logo.
- Turn on the toggle to enable WARP.
WARP is now running and protecting your Internet connection.
The WARP app has two main modes of operation: WARP and 184.108.40.206.
In WARP mode, all traffic leaving your computer is encrypted and sent over WARP, including DNS traffic. In 220.127.116.11 mode, the WARP app only encrypts DNS traffic to the 18.104.22.168 resolver.
WARP mode is the default and the recommended mode of operation. However, if you only want to use the 22.214.171.124 resolver mode:
- Select the WARP app icon.
- Select the cog icon, and choose your preferred mode of operation for WARP.
Beyond the two modes of operation, the WARP app lets you configure additional options to better suit your needs. You can change the protocol used to connect to Cloudflare or enable 126.96.36.199 for Families, for example. To access these options:
- Select the WARP app icon.
- Select the cog icon > Preferences.
The following is a list of options you can configure in the Connection tab:
- Disable for all Wi-Fi / wired networks: Check the box corresponding to the network where you want to prevent WARP from working on.
- DNS Protocol: The available options depend on the WARP mode you have enabled:
- WARP: Only available when you have the WARP mode enabled. All DNS traffic encrypted and sent to Cloudflare’s edge.
- HTTPS: All DNS traffic is sent outside the tunnel via DNS over HTTPS.
- TLS: All DNS traffic is sent outside the tunnel via encrypted TLS.
- 188.8.131.52 for Families: Allows you to enable 184.108.40.206 for Families and choose between blocking malware, or blocking malware and adult content.
For the Advanced options, refer to Exclude or include network traffic with WARP for more information.
What Cloudflare places on your device
This is the main GUI application that you interact with. You can find it in
Cloudflare WARP Daemon
This is the daemon service responsible for establishing the wireguard tunnel and all interaction between our service endpoint and the Cloudflare WARP application. Here is where you can find:
The macOS application places log files in two locations based on what part of the app is logging information. These logs are included with a feedback submission, when you select the checkbox in Feedback > Share debug information.
- Daemon and install logs:
- Application GUI logs:
/Users/<your local username>/Library/Logs/Cloudflare.
How to remove the application
We include an uninstall script as part of the macOS package you install. Type the following in a terminal window to uninstall WARP:
$ cd /Applications/Cloudflare\ WARP.app/Contents/Resources$ ./uninstall.sh